Happy Friday, Toledo! It’s officially Farmers Market Season if you ask me! This week in the blog we’re talking about when and where the farmer’s markets are, fun things to do
This Week in Toledo: Things to do & Ways to Give (5-23)
Happy Friday, Toledo! Can you believe it’s already Memorial Day weekend?! Maybe it feels like you’ve been waiting for Memorial Day forever or maybe it seems like it was just the New Year…whatever the case, we’ve got to make the best of it! Keep reading to see what's happening in Toledo this week and a few ways you can give back.
To get this list emailed to you weekly (normally it's a list of fun, upcoming events?), join us here: bit.ly/TOLevents
So what’s fun this week in Toledo? Keep reading!
Rising Stars Dance Academy is doing free Zoom classes for kids. There is one happening today at 3pm so make sure you reach out to them with your email to get the Zoom link.
TODAY is your final day to support Jupmode’s “Here for Good” campaign to help support local businesses by purchasing a shirt with the business logo on it. To get your orders in, click here.
The Toledo Zoo is putting on a 30 minute couples date-night concert virtually this Saturday from 7:30-8pm. How about putting the concert on and cooking dinner together? Sounds nice to me!
The Bier Stube is hosting a fundraiser for the fight against domestic violence on Sunday. You can participate in person on their patio or you can tune in remotely. They will have t-shirts for sale, live music and an online auction to support their cause.
On Memorial Day (yes, this Monday already!), Ottawa Hills Memorial Park is hosting a Memorial Day Remembrance Event with social distancing being practiced and they will be reading the names of the Veterans who have been laid to rest during the past 12 months.
Next Friday, the 29th, Downtown Perrysburg, Inc. is hosting a Community Prom to recognize 2020 senior graduates. (They’re even offering free professional photoshoots for seniors!) There will be a Zoom link set up for everyone to log in, hear the Prom King and Queen’s speeches and then on to some live music from DJ Jason Kelly from BookthatDJ!
As we’re all aware, patios are now open in our area. Toledo.com has compiled a list of restaurants who’ve announced their plans to open their patios, which you can check out here.
Ways to give back
- Planned Pethood is almost out of adult cat food. Please consider donating to them from their Amazon Wishlist. I’m sure the cats would appreciate it! Click here for details on how to donate.
- There’s a new movement called “Toledo Plus One” where you can donate to provide meals for local healthcare workers and first-responders. Even better, all food is purchased from local restaurants!
- The Toledo Food Bank has a virtual food drive aimed to support the increased need for food in our community. This is a great way to support them in a safe manner and it capitalizes on the bulk purchasing power of the food bank. (For $1, they can provide 5 meals!)
- ProMedica is collecting homemade fabric masks at bins near the entrances of many health facility locations. Click here for the information and locations.
- Fowl and Fodder created a new service called 4-1-Dine. It’s an online shop selling groceries, everyday essentials (yes, like toilet paper) and meals. They deliver or you can pick up curbside at their downtown location. With that, the created The 4-1-Dine Community Care Fund with Mosaic Ministries to get meals to families who desperately need it. All orders over $44.19 will give $4.19 to the fund and you can choose to donate more at check out.
- Sylvania Nutrition is doing a Pay It Forward Program. You can select an essential worker and sponsor a tea (or 10!) to send to them! Check the details out here.
- Jupmode launched a fundraiser for local businesses called “Here for Good”. Many businesses have designed shirts at Jupmode with their logos on them and each shirt sold give $10 directly to that business! How cool is that? Click here to shop!
- United Way has a sign up page to volunteer to pass out meals to children in need in our area. You can also make a financial donation to them, here. Lastly, you can buy this special t-shirt form Jupmode and all proceeds will go to the United Way Emergency Response Fund, 2020.
If you have questions about any of the things that are happening in our community - including real estate - I’m here to help!
Call or text me anytime! 567-694-9610
Hey there! I'm Kaitlin Keiser. I work with buyers and sellers in Northwest Ohio who are looking to set down some roots in a place that will fit perfectly with their busy lifestyle. I've been a Rea....
Latest Blog Posts
Sick of being cooped up? I think we can all attest to that! Here are some simple, inexpensive ways that I’ve been upleveling my space to make this time more enjoyable and cozy. 1.
Happy Friday, Toledo! Can you believe it’s already Memorial Day weekend?! Maybe it feels like you’ve been waiting for Memorial Day forever or maybe it seems like it was just
Happy Friday, Toledo! There’s a lot to look forward to in Toledo this week from live streaming music to the Westgate Farmer’s Market season beginning. To get this