Happy Friday, Toledo! Here’s your weekly list of fun, upcoming events in our area. This blog post is packed with fun, Fall festivities and a special reminder that October 5th is your
This Week in Toledo: Things to Do, Mother's Day & Ways to Give (May 8)
Dated: May 8 2020
Happy Friday, Toledo! Mother’s Day is this Sunday! If that sentence just put a pit in your stomach because you haven’t found anything nice for Mom yet, don’t worry! I found some awesome, last-minute gift ideas and I've listed them below. We’re also talking about things to do in our area this week, sharing a great article from Toledo City Paper on where to find masks locally, some good news and talking ways to give back in this time of need.
To get this list emailed to you weekly (normally it's a list of fun, upcoming events?), join us here: bit.ly/TOLevents
Here’s the link to the article from Toledo City Paper on where to buy face masks locally: Click here. I don’t normally share things like this, but I thought a lot of people would really benefit from this!
So what’s fun this week in Toledo? Keep reading!
Toledo Moms is coming through for you again on things to do with the kids! They’ve partnered up with Create Perrysburg to offer free Mother’s Day printable coloring pages.
The Toledo Metroparks has a really cool virtual tour of their Cannaley Treehouse Village on their website. I bet the kids would really like this one!
Imagination Station is hosting a Live Facebook conversation with an astronaut on May 11th at 10am. How cool?!
You may have seen me talking up HerHub this week on my social media accounts. This is a new initiative in Toledo which I’m so excited about because it is aimed at connecting women to each other in an easy, online platform so we know where to find women owned business and events. On May 12th, we will be joining Women of Toledo’s Virtual Power Hour Series at 12pm to talk all about what HerHub is. This is open to the public and we’d love to see a ton of women show up!
The Mud Hens are hosting 2 virtual field trips in place of their School Education Days which are normally hosted in person. Each day will be filled with education videos from places all over town including the Mud Hens, The Imagination Station and The Lucas County Public Library! These “field trips” will be hosted on May 14th and May 21st.
Last-Minute Mother’s Day Gift Guide (psst...my blog post from last week had some ideas for Mother's Day Carry-Out options. Check that blog post out, here, if you need ideas! *Some order cut off times may have past by now, so double check*)
Angel 101 in Perrysburg has hand-tied, fresh cut flowers for sale on their website with pick available before Mother’s Day. Hurry before they sell out though!
Mama in Bloom will have her merchandise at General’s Ice Cream in Whitehouse on May 9th and 10th. Her stuff is super cute and perfect for Mother’s Day. ALSO, on May 10th all mothers can choose a free sundae of your choice!
If your mom is a coffee lover, I’d consider visiting Maddie and Bella’s to pick up a bag of their “Stronger than a Mother” coffee beans which were created in partnership with Toledo Moms! With every bag sold, $5 will go to Sufficient Grace Ministries.
Okay, maybe Mom’s not a coffee lover. She’s at least got to be an ice cream lover! Knueven creamery will be at the Toledo Farmers Market on Saturday for curbside pick up. Order by 5pm tonight to be able to pick up tomorrow morning!
Fowl and Fodder downtown which is also 4-1-Dine Market right now will have carry out breakfast, brunch and lunch on Saturday and Sunday. Pre-order through the 4-1-Dine Market. They’ve even got gifts for mom in their online shop for you to pick up at the same time!
The Toledo Metroparks have teamed up with Souk Mediterranean to create a Mother’s Day Picnic Pack! The pack includes food (duh!) plus a Metroparks picnic blanket and 2 Libbey glasses. Hurry though, because today is the cut off to order one!
Ways to give back
- There’s a new movement called “Toledo Plus One” where you can donate to provide meals for local healthcare workers and first-responders. Even better, all food is purchased from local restaurants!
- The Toledo Food Bank has a virtual food drive aimed to support the increased need for food in our community. This is a great way to support them in a safe manner and it capitalizes on the bulk purchasing power of the food bank. (For $1, they can provide 5 meals!)
- ProMedica is collecting homemade fabric masks at bins near the entrances of many health facility locations. Click here for the information and locations.
- Fowl and Fodder created a new service called 4-1-Dine. It’s an online shop selling groceries, everyday essentials (yes, like toilet paper) and meals. They deliver or you can pick up curbside at their downtown location. With that, the created The 4-1-Dine Community Care Fund with Mosaic Ministries to get meals to families who desperately need it. All orders over $44.19 will give $4.19 to the fund and you can choose to donate more at check out.
- Sylvania Nutrition is doing a Pay It Forward Program. You can select an essential worker and sponsor a tea (or 10!) to send to them! Check the details out here.
- Jupmode launched a fundraiser for local businesses called “Here for Good”. Many businesses have designed shirts at Jupmode with their logos on them and each shirt sold give $10 directly to that business! How cool is that? Click here to shop!
- United Way has a sign up page to volunteer to pass out meals to children in need in our area. You can also make a financial donation to them, here. Lastly, you can buy this special t-shirt form Jupmode and all proceeds will go to the United Way Emergency Response Fund, 2020.
To get this list emailed to you weekly, join us here: bit.ly/TOLevents
If you have questions about any of the things that are happening in our community - including real estate - I’m here to help!
Call or text me anytime! 567-694-9610
Hey there! I'm Kaitlin Keiser. I work with buyers and sellers in Northwest Ohio who are looking to set down some roots in a place that will fit perfectly with their busy lifestyle. I've been a Rea....