Happy Friday, Toledo! Can you believe it’s already Memorial Day weekend?! Maybe it feels like you’ve been waiting for Memorial Day forever or maybe it seems like it was just
This Week in Toledo: Things to do & Ways to Give (5-15)
Happy Friday, Toledo! There’s a lot to look forward to in Toledo this week from live streaming music to the Westgate Farmer’s Market season beginning.
To get this list emailed to you weekly (normally it's a list of fun, upcoming events?), join us here: bit.ly/TOLevents
So what’s fun this week in Toledo? Keep reading!
- Tonight, The Arts Commission is hosting a party on Facebook that doubles as a fundraiser for the arts! It will take place from 7-9pm and will kick off with a live-streamed DJ set.
- On Saturday, one of the area’s food trucks, Dawg House 419 will be at Shivers Ice Cream. Ice cream and a hot dog? Sounds pretty good to me!
- Don’t forget to support your local farmers! The Erie Street Market downtown is open on Saturdays from 8am-2pm and now on Sundays from 9am-1pm too. The Westgate Farmer’s Market began their season on the 13th and will now be open on Wednesdays from 3-7pm. They are both taking every precaution to ensure proper social distancing.
- I’ve mentioned this one before but it’s just so cool! Toledo.com has a “Gig Guide” full of livestreaming musical performances.
- Drive-in theaters in our area have begun to open up! You can visit Field of Dreams in Tiffin or Sundance Drive In in Oregon. Be sure to check their websites, so you’re prepared to follow their social distancing rules.
- The Toledo City Paper has a series called “Mindful Mondays” which is a live zoom call taking place on Monday. Log on and get ready to breathe, find a quiet moment and get your zen on.
- The Mud Hens are hosting a virtual field trip in place of their School Education Days which are normally hosted in person. The day will be filled with educational videos from places all over town including the Mud Hens, The Imagination Station and The Lucas County Public Library! The “field trip” will be hosted on May 21st.
Ways to give back
- There’s a new movement called “Toledo Plus One” where you can donate to provide meals for local healthcare workers and first-responders. Even better, all food is purchased from local restaurants!
- The Toledo Food Bank has a virtual food drive aimed to support the increased need for food in our community. This is a great way to support them in a safe manner and it capitalizes on the bulk purchasing power of the food bank. (For $1, they can provide 5 meals!)
- ProMedica is collecting homemade fabric masks at bins near the entrances of many health facility locations. Click here for the information and locations.
- Fowl and Fodder created a new service called 4-1-Dine. It’s an online shop selling groceries, everyday essentials (yes, like toilet paper) and meals. They deliver or you can pick up curbside at their downtown location. With that, the created The 4-1-Dine Community Care Fund with Mosaic Ministries to get meals to families who desperately need it. All orders over $44.19 will give $4.19 to the fund and you can choose to donate more at check out.
- Sylvania Nutrition is doing a Pay It Forward Program. You can select an essential worker and sponsor a tea (or 10!) to send to them! Check the details out here.
- Jupmode launched a fundraiser for local businesses called “Here for Good”. Many businesses have designed shirts at Jupmode with their logos on them and each shirt sold give $10 directly to that business! How cool is that? Click here to shop!
- United Way has a sign up page to volunteer to pass out meals to children in need in our area. You can also make a financial donation to them, here. Lastly, you can buy this special t-shirt form Jupmode and all proceeds will go to the United Way Emergency Response Fund, 2020.
If you have questions about any of the things that are happening in our community - including real estate - I’m here to help!
Call or text me anytime! 567-694-9610
Hey there! I'm Kaitlin Keiser. I work with buyers and sellers in Northwest Ohio who are looking to set down some roots in a place that will fit perfectly with their busy lifestyle. I've been a Rea....
Latest Blog Posts
Happy Friday, Toledo! There’s a lot to look forward to in Toledo this week from live streaming music to the Westgate Farmer’s Market season beginning. To get this
Happy Friday, Toledo! Mother’s Day is this Sunday! If that sentence just put a pit in your stomach because you haven’t found anything nice for Mom yet, don’t worry! I